Jul 15, 2006

Man's Times & Goings

"My times are in thy hand: deliver me from the hand of mine enemies, and from them that persecute me." (Psalm 31:15)

"Man's goings are of the LORD; how can a man then understand his own way?" (Proverbs 20:24)

How one can read and accept these propositional statements of divine truth and yet still believe in creature free will and human sovereignty and self determination is almost a mystery.

These verses tell us that all our goings and all our times are in the sovereign control of God and happens only as he wills it, that he is the only one who determines each one's destiny, both in time and eternity. All our experiences, fortunes, common occurrences, occasions, are all of the Lord.

My time to be born and born again are both predetermined. Did not Paul say, "But when it pleased God...I was saved"? (Galatians 1: 15)

It was not "WHEN IT PLEASED PAUL."

My time to die too is predetermined as the Scriptures state in numerous places.

No comments: