Nov 11, 2009

Case of Judas

My opponent, John Gentry, brought up the case of Judas to prove that one can be saved and lose salvation. The following is the verse cited by him with a syllogism I offered in rebuttal. Like nearly all the arguments I brought up, either in affirmative or negative, John did not even respond.

"While I was with them in the world, I kept them in thy name: those that thou gavest me I have kept, and none of them is lost, but the son of perdition; that the scripture might be fulfilled." (John 17: 12)

Syllogism

1. All given by the Father to Christ are preserved from losing salvation.
2. Judas was not preserved.
3. Judas was not given to Christ by the Father

Or, this way.

1. None of those given to Christ by the Father are lost.
2. Judas is lost.
3. Judas was not given to Christ by the Father.

No comments: