Aug 2, 2008

James White on Bob Ross

I just finished listening to a video by James White wherein he spent the whole time warning us all against brother Bob Ross.

I have several thoughts and comments to make regarding what James White had to say in his video, but must save them till later.

But, I do wish to use this opportunity to throw out a challenge to James White to debate the issue of regeneration and faith with myself. He does not want to debate brother Ross. So, I will offer my own services if James is interested.

But, here are the topics or issues I would like to discuss.

1) Do the bible writers always put the new birth prior to faith in a strict ordo salutis? Is the new birth ever placed after faith?

2) Do the bible writers make regeneration or the new birth something distinct from conversion?

3) If the new birth produces faith, is there not a temporal order?

I will be happy to affirm that the bible writers did not always put birth before faith, but often put it after faith. And, I will be happy to affirm that the bible writers equated regeneration/new birth with conversion that comes by faith. Lastly, I will be happy to affirm that there is no strict logical, chronological, or temporal order to faith and regeneration.

No comments: