Aug 31, 2009

Debate on Eternal Security

John Gentry and I have agreed to debate the eternal security question (or "once saved always saved") on Tuesday and Thursday nights, November 5th and 6th.

If I cannot obtain permission to hold the debate on the campus of SBTS in Louisville, we will hold it in the "Church of Christ" meeting house in Galena, Indiana (not far from Louisville).

I e-mailed the proper department at SBTS this morning asking for permission and help. Is there anyone who can help with this? John thinks we will have more people to attend than who can be accomodated at the church building. I hope SBTS will allow us use of a meeting hall for this debate. If any of the Gadfly's readers knows who may be contacted at SBTS to help with this, please let me know.

I will be posting more details in the future.

2 comments:

The Seeking Disciple said...

Did you try Dr. Mohler himself? He is a great guy!

I am looking forward to reading more about this debate. As an Arminian I oppose eternal security so I look forward to seeing both your arguments and how John Gentry counters them. Should be fun!

God bless you brother!

Stephen Garrett said...

Dear Seeking:

I have not as yet. I will give it a day or two to see if the seminary contacts me back. I was hoping some who read this blog and went to SBTS would help.

I will try to contact Dr. Mohler in a couple days if I need to.

Thanks for the suggestion and for your brotherly kindness.

Blessings

Stephen