Aug 6, 2009

Founders - Expositional Preaching

Tom Ascol of the Founders Organization posted the following entry this morning in the Founder's blog.

"Southeastern Baptist Theological Seminary and 9 Marks Ministry are teaming up the Fall to offer the 1st of 9 conferences over the next 9 years. Scheduled for September 25-26, 2009, "God Exposed" is the theme of this year's conference will call pastors and church leader to embrace and defend expositional preaching as a means to strengthen and grow the church. Among the speakers are CJ Mahaney, Mark Dever, Danny Akin and Thabiti Anyabwile.

For more information on the schedule and registration, follow the link above."


See here

I then posted the following comment.

Dear Tom:

Would you consider Spurgeon an "expositional" preacher?

Blessings,

Stephen

As yet I have had no reply.

2 comments:

Rev. said...

Would you? Why or why not?

Stephen Garrett said...

Dear Rev:

Would I what? Respond to me if I were Tom? Or, would I consider Spurgeon an "expositional" preacher?

Blessings,

Stephen